Tuesday 19 March 2013

Country Style Tea Towels

Back when... I lived on the farm, I began appliquing a set of tea towels... Old MacDonald Had a Farm style.  It was to be a set of three.  Well, I have finally finished two of them, and can't decide whether it is worth my time making the third, as I no longer live on a farm, I do not really want to keep the tea towels.  So, I am putting it out there.  Does anyone want to buy these tea towels from me.  They are 100% Cotton (nice and thick) and 60 by 90cms  (Large, with captial L).  I would sell the two for $14.  If you like the idea, for yourself, or as a present for someone else, and wish to have a third towel made, it will be red, with a farmer, a bag of wool and an old style milk can (all 3 for $20).  Let me know what you think.  'Can' this craft, or continue!




Oh, and an update on my last post... I met with a lady today who organises many other women to knit squares, which she then sews together to make blankets.  I gave the raggy rug (from the last post) to her, to give away.  She provides blankets for Yarredi Women's Shelter, Youthoria (Youth services) and for children, who are being privately counselled following abuse or family trauma.  Watch this space... I am exploring whether this is a path I want, or God wants me, to travel down!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel. I don't have an answer to your question but have enjoyed looking at the beginnings of your blog. Gosh your girls have grown up xx Hayley

    ReplyDelete